Wednesday, September 10

Party Logic - Club Midnight

You know how you sometimes wish that you could share situations with people but you’re not sure how they’ll react, well that’s my point re sharing a party experience. We all gain so much from one experience that others do not. Take for example the time not so very long ago when I couldn’t find a single person (with transport) who wanted to visit perhaps the nicest party I know. They all came up with one excuse after the other, when a simple I’ve got nothing to wear would have sufficed. But then again I’m sure I could have rectified that little conundrum with a little of this and a little of that.

Sorry, but I’m waffling and so I’ll get to my point. Come 9pm when it was time to start getting ready to go out my immediate thoughts were of what should I wear. Had I been getting a ride I would have opted for something tight, shiny and sexy. As it was I had to first of all cycle through the park to Central Station to get a bus to Zaandam and so my outfit had to be in keeping with what would feel comfortable and on a bike. I opted for a black strappy top with tie fronted goth stretch cardigan type top. My skirt was pretty short with buckles and chains, tights looked rather scary as I wore some weird mish mash strings over fishnets. Sounds weird i know but felt so wonderful and scary. The piece de la resistance was my knee high army boots and woe betide anyone who came near me as I hurtled through the Vondelpark listening in rapturous delight to tunes such as Tales from the third world, Ladykiller by Hocico to This Shit will Fuck You Up by Combichrist. Fortunately I’d already drunk a little of the green fairy (Absinthe) before leaving, so although no one was with me per say, the little elfic was gliding with me as I floated on my two wheeled flying carpet to the rendezvous point and the second part of the journey to connect with Alex & Sasha (Sasha De Monaco) waiting ever so patiently by the connexion bus to our final destination.

What a buzz and a thrill it is to be free to journey your own way and to your own time schedule without the hassles of another person or persons in tow dictating the time of departure. Definitely something i'll do again but next time i need a ride so i can wear figure hugging latex & high heels.

The bus trip could have been like a journey into the darkside as half way through the journey the bus police were called and 3 people were turfed off the bus for rowdy & smelly (they let of stink bombs) behavior. It wasn't us, we were good Goth kids and Sasha said it's never normally like this. Rest of the journey was uneventful, thank god!!!

The party Club Midnight is held approximately 4 times a year at De Kade in Zaandam quite close to Amsterdam. In fact if you're interested in interesting parties such as Near Dark, Obscene Fetish Party & other Goth Parties i recommend you bookmark De Kade.

The party started off fairly slowly as people came in and wandered around checking out all the rooms; a main room with dance floor and bar where the usual voyeurs stood and slowly undressed the girls and boys they fancied before moving on to the next room. Being a chill out area it was suitably furnished with comfortable sofa's, absinthe bar and small bar. Upstairs a small dungeon was set up as a play area and although i love performing medical examinations with submissives in need of internal inspections i refuse to do this with an audience, much preferring to do this at my leisure in a quality dungeon. As the smoking ban (introduced in July) was enforced a smoking room was set up for the loyal crowd.

At around 1am the party was in full swing with 2 of my favorite local DJ's spinning some awesome Industrial & Electro tracks. DJ G Host & DJ Annakonda we love you guys and may your turntable spin into eternity. But alas all good things must take their natural course and close it's doors, until the next time.

If you want a party that hits the proverbial nerve endings that creates an immense rush from cool music whilst dressed in your favorite mix of Goth & Fetish clothing & sends you home on a high that lasts until the middle of the following week you can do no better than penciling 6th December 2008 in your diary and getting your proverbial over to Zaandam for the 3rd instalment of Club Midnight.

See you there party people!!!

No comments: